During this quarter Luciap Technology Inc. fulfilled all the mandatory tasks that fall to Factom Authority Node Operators:
- We have participated in every vote that involved ANOs. We have also weighted our technical vision in several governance discussions.
- We have been continuously running our fleet of mainnet and testnet servers with high availability. We are generally among the very first to update to the newest factomd versions due to our involvement in the Core and code deploy committee.
Luciap is operating at 50% efficiency (unchanged since election) and here is the list of extra activities we have been performing during this quarter which we believe justify our efficiency:
- We have been providing technical support for factom.js to a company looking to integrate Factom in their wallet application.
- We released the npm package joi-factom, an extension for JOI, a popular object schema validation library. It allows to validate Factoid addresses, Entry Credit addresses and digital identity keys.
- During the first grant round of 2019 we released a small web app that helped standing parties rank the grants and facilitate good judgment.
- We published a brand new version of our experimental tool factom-storage (which allows to store whole files on Factom). We revamped the underlying design based on the knowledge we gathered during the last year working on the on-chain voting and FAT protocols.
- We made a new PR to factom-walletd to add a small feature. Not much other “core” contribution recently, but we now have some great new core developers (from grants) working full time on that!
- Additional developer time has been invested in one library and one dev tool that will be announced when finalized (nothing secret, as usual this is open-source, the work is already visible on github).
- Core and code deploy committee: as part of our continuous involvement we often act as the guinea pig for new releases both on testnet and mainnet. We also perform load testing on the testnet. And finally we participate in all internal discussions on bugs, improvements and next releases.
- We joined the on-chain governance working group meant to pave the way for a more transparent and inclusive governance (e.g involving FCT holders).
- We also joined as tech enthusiasts two technical discussion groups meant to discuss and develop new capabilities and usage on Factom.
- We updated our factom-vote library to allow the support of Ledger S when voting on MyFactomWallet. This is an additional feature that was not pledged in the grant.
- The on-chain voting grant has been officially delivered. Please read the report from our grant sponsor.
- A massive amount of our time during this Q1 2019 was spent on the Factom Asset Tokens project (FAT). At present this is the #1 project we are investing time in. As a FAT Editor we are involved in the design of the various aspects of the protocol. And as developers we are focused on building the FAT wallet: a new wallet supporting all the fungible and non-fungible FAT tokens together with the regular Factoids and Entry Credits. It will also allow you to manage your Factom digital identities. We are really impatient to present an early version to the community! We will most likely talk at length of the FAT wallet in the near future. The FAT protocol is steadily maturing and very promising.